Energy efficiency funding. Get help to make your home more energy efficient

If your home has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of D or below, you might be suitable for one of the government schemes.

What schemes are available?

1) ECO4

The ECO4 scheme can help with home improvement measures ranging from loft and wall insulation to air source heat pumps.

To qualify, you’ll need to be a homeowner claiming one of the benefits listed below. Your home will also need an EPC rating of D or lower. ​

  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Income Support
  • Tax Credits (Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits)
  • Universal Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit Saving Credit


2) Great British Insulation Scheme

The Great British Insulation Scheme can provide funding for a single insulation measure, mostly likely cavity wall insulation. Other types of insulation are also possible, but you might need to contribute towards the cost.​

To qualify, you’ll need a home with an EPC rating of D or lower. You’ll also need to be in one of the council tax bands listed below.

  • Council tax bands A-D in England
  • Council tax bands A-E in Scotland and Wales

If you also qualify for ECO4, don’t worry about deciding which to sign up for. One of the assessors we partner with will give you advice about which scheme is best for you.

Due to significant interest in the GBIS scheme, once you have registered your interest, you may be placed on a waiting list to be contacted by one of our partners in the Autumn.

Useful links:

  • Visit Ofgem for information about the ECO scheme
  • Visit Ofgem for information about Great British Insulation Scheme
Let's get started